Arsenal vs Leeds United
Today Arsenal will take on Leeds United on the 3rd Round of the prestigious FA cup. What makes this match up interesting is the question in every football fan’s mind, Will a weakened Arsenal beat Leeds United?
England – FA Cup
Date: Monday, 7 January 2019 (Malaysia Time)
Kick-off- time :
- 19:56 (UK Time)
- 03:56 (Malaysia Time)
Venue: Emirates Stadium (London).
Even though Arsenal’s performance have been shaky on their past few matches, their most recent match saw them win a convincing 2-0 against long time rivals Manchester United, who was on a roll themselves. Hence, we predict Arsenal to win, however, the win would be difficult:
- Arsenal to Win -1.25@-0.93
- Over 3.00
- Arsenal are at home
- Arsenal won 2-0 on their last match, tactically outplayed Manchester United
- Leeds is a team from the lower division (English Championship)
- Leeds is 1st on Championship
- Leeds have shown the ability to score goals on their last few matches (including a memorable 5-4 win over Birmingham)
Arsenal vs Leeds United Head-to-head
- Arsenal recorded the last five wins in a row against this opponent.
- In the last two decades, Leeds have won just twice against the Arsenal .
- Four of the last six clashes saw Leeds scoring three or more goals.
- Since 1998, Arsenal have never failed to score at home against Leeds.
With Arteta on the helm and running at Arsenal, they began with a 1-1 draw at Bournemouth and a heartbreaking 2-1 home lost against Chelsea. However, things made a change for better as Arsenal defeated Manchester United on New Years’ Day. With a dominant first half display, the gunners eventually double their lead in what one might call a tactical outplay.
The 2 – 0 win against Menchester United marks their first Premier League win of the season against a team currently in the top-half of the Premier League. That victory also saw Arsenal move back into the top-ten of the table, seven points above the bottom three and nine outside the top four. Given that achieving top 4 in the Premier League for a Champions League spot looks very unrealistic, FA Cup will certianly be on the priority list of the gunners. Hence, we predict Arteta to start his strongest 11 against Leeds.