Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
Barcelona will face Atletico Madrid on this 36th addition of The 2019–20 Supercopa de España. This two giants are a clash of styles as one boast the best attacking while the other brags about their defense. Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone seeks revenge for their last encounter where as Barcelona seeks to retain their title.
Spain – Supercopa de España
Date: Friday, 10 January 2019 (Malaysia Time)
Kick-off- time :
- 9th Jan 2020, 20:00 (UTC +3)
- 10th Jan 2020, 03:00 (Malaysia Time)
Venue: King Abdullah Sports City
Even though Atletico Madrid lost 0 – 1 to Barcelona during their last La Liga encounter, Barcelona have drawn their last game against a very weak side Espanyol (last place in La Liga). Barcelona have been going down hill after their victory against Atletico Madrid as they only manage to win 2 of their last 5 games both domestically and internationally. Barcelona are still the favorites here but we predict an underdog upset story of Atletico Madrid winning this encounter with narrow margins.
- Atletico Madrid to Win -0.50@-0.98
- Under firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barcelona saws a drop of form
- Recent past encounters only shows either side grabbing narrow wins (fewer than 2.5 goals)
- Atletico Madrid are in good form, 4 wins and 1 draw in their last 5 games
- Diego Simeone have helped Atletico Madrid won La Liga 2014 title
- Marc-André ter Stegen (Barca keeper) still out due to injury
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid Head-to-head
- Their last clash witnessed Barcelona post a 1-0 win.
- Both teams have found the back of the net together in just two of their past five meetings.
- All of their previous five encounters have featured fewer than 2.5 goals on the charts.
- The final scores have been tied twice in their last five games.
- Atletico Madrid have registered the win just once in their past ten match-ups. (W-1, D-4, L-5)
Barcelona have been hit by a sharp decline in form and have picked up a win just once in their past four games. Their last clash on the road saw them share the spoils with Espanyol in a 2-2 draw. Even with their 4-1 win over Alaves, we still believe Barca are not at their best and might not match what Atletico Madrid has to offer.
Atletico Madrid on the other hand are on a four-game winning run in all competitions, managing to score a consistent 2 goals during these games. With Diego Simeone as their head coach, they have proven time to time they are a powerful force.